What is there not to love about Kiernan Shipka? She has grown up with grace while being followed by the Hollywood spotlight. Kiernan Shipka has embraced her mod Mad Men look both on-screen and on the red carpet. Recently the actress has been adopting a slightly edgier side to a style that is a little less geared toward, cute, and more total chic.
This look works
- The double velvet dress by Marni might come off as placing Kiernan back to mod Mad Men days (nothing wrong with that), but I view this dress as an opportunity to play with color, texture, and edge. Let’s look further…
- A shearling coat fills you with warm-chic-comfort by looking at it. By L.K. Bennett, this coat and the deep gray color provides sophistication and variation when styling. Particularly the Marni dress, the gray acts as a canvas bringing out the rich colors in this mini. The shearling texture brings luxe to any outfit. In my opinion, wearing fur (either faux or real) exhibits confidence.
- Due to the wonderful Fall season…Winter is coming, I paired the dress with thigh-high nylons by Commando. Nylons will provide warmth and a little bad schoolgirl attitude to the look.
- Pendants are my favorite style of necklaces. I love how they bring detail and color into an outfit while still looking relaxed and thought out. The pendant is a vintage Dior piece from the 70’s (more of a reason to love it), although there is no green in the dress, adding some envy into the look with faux jade and gold necklace is a great compliment.
- To tie in more of the overall look with gold, I added a Fendi ring. Who doesn’t want Fendi wrapped around their finger?
- For total head to toe gold, suede Chloe booties, with gold circle detail, make the outfit officially cool. The booties do not try to be ‘pretty’, keeping it on the simple side with a medium blocked heel-hight, there is strutting power without the question, “how is she walking in those?”
- My favorite is the peekaboo Fendi patchwork bag. Colors in the bag mimic colors in the Marni dress without matching perfectly, allowing the standout items to compliment, not compete. Add a bag charm for trendy fun.